Hi everyone; today is National Detroit Style Pizza Day, which was founded in 2021 by Buddy’s Pizza to celebrate the dish’s 75th anniversary! I’m back in your inbox this warm morning to walk you through everything you need to know about what’s going on in Los Angeles.
there is fire threatening adjacent property that LAFD is under control. Also, Watts gets the Garden of Healing and you can voluntarily build it! Finally, it looks like the hotel needs to provide workers with personal safety device.
First, today’s weather:
Lots of sunshine. High: 87 Low: 65.
️ Three Cheapest Gas Stations In Los Angeles ️
- Arco di 3834 E 3rd St.$5.97
- Cars in 1502 S Robertson Blvd.$5.97
- 76 at 3070 Glendale Blvd.$5.99
This great local business sponsors the Los Angeles Daily. We love what they do, and we think you will too:
Are you ready for the fire season and the rolling blackouts that come with it? Inergy’s portable solar power generator allows you to power essentials such as refrigerators, freezers, lights and phones during a power outage. When you add their compact solar panels, you can capture free energy from the sun as you power your life. Inergy’s flexible system gives you peace of mind during a power outage. To learn more, visit Inergy here. LA Daily readers, save up to $170 using Patch code at checkout.
Want to see your business featured in this place? Click here to get started.
Fireworks are illegal in the City of Los Angeles. Scofflaws can be fined $500, $1,000, or more. How do you feel about that? Tell me what you’re thinking! (Starting today, 77.2% don’t want fireworks, 14.1% want “safe and sane fireworks,” 7.6% What do you want to buy, and more? 1.1% don’t care one way or another.)
Here are today’s top five stories in Los Angeles:
- there is fire on Tuesday on 12800 block West Tonopah Street. Reports came around 11:45 am, and 29 firefighters responded “a gThe raging fire spreads to the empty single family homeThey only took 23 minutes to put out the flames. (Flickr)
- US LA Green Building Council will present the Project of Honor Victim’s Healing Garden for Watts. The groundbreaking took place on Tuesday at 1673 East 108 Street. “Featuring native California vegetation, meditation trails, pergolas, and art installations, this green space will facilitate healing and restorative justice solutions among community members.” There is volunteer opportunity on July 28, August 27 and October 25 to continue the development of this green space. (NBC, Brite Event)
- Also on Tuesday, LA City Council voted “interim” to dress hotel worker with personal safety device. The hotel will be responsible for handling the project. The goal is to protect hotel workers “from violent or threatening hotel guests.” (NBC)
- We number. . . 129? City is The 129th best city in America. Remember, this ranking is from the list 150 cities. The evaluation organizer looks at local leadership and “how well city officials manage and spend public funds by comparing the quality of services residents receive with the city’s total budget.” (WalletHub)
- Mark your calendar! The Studio City Recreation Center will host free movie night on Beeman Park this Saturday. “Raiders of the Lost Ark” is on the schedule. Movie starts around 7:30pm (Brite Event)
Today in Los Angeles:
- Teen Grab-and-Go Craft from the North Hollywood Amelia Earhart Regional Library (10 a.m)
- Horticultural Therapy Presentations & Activities Bookmark at the Peninsula Central Library (10 a.m)
- Pop-Up Food Pantry at Valley Vineyard Christian Church (afternoon)
- Dolby Teater Theater Guided Tour at 6801 Hollywood Blvd. (afternoon)
- Let’s Make Kombucha at the Felipe De Neve Branch Library (3 pm)
From my notebook:
- It’s summer now and with warm weather looming, Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanical Gardens introduces you to his newest park. Tranquil Reflection Garden cool (literally and figuratively) and it’s a great place to go. (Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanical Gardens via Facebook)
- concerned Hollywood Village neighbors remind you to please don’t leave your dog in the car. It’s nearly 100 degrees today and they’ve seen several people leave a cracked window with their dog in their car while shopping at Gelsons. Leave your dog at home or take him. (Next door)
- We Angelino’s Height neighbors looking to find out if anyone knows where rooster sound come from. It’s been a few days, and it’s unbearable to hear all day, especially in the morning. They’re in Calumet near W. Edgeware. (Next door)
- A neighbor in Windsor Hills-View Heights the area wants to know if there is anyone else distracted by billboards on Slauson and LaBrea about syphilis? (Next door)
- We Silver Lake Marathon neighbors looking for very good house cleaner! They had a few people come who weren’t conscientious enough. Anyone have an awesome cleaner that gets into nooks and crannies? (Next door)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Finding Hidden Assets in Divorce – Vesta Beverly Hills/South Bay Hub (24 June)
- Housing Planning for Loved Ones – Webinar (25 June)
- [Free Masterclass] Increase Your Website Sales & Leads Using SEO (June 25)
- Torrance Antique Street Exhibition (June 26)
- Taxes at the Retirement Webinar (June 27)
- Dino/Martha DeLaurentiis and Mitzi Gaynor Collection Property Auction (29 June)
- Housing Planning for Loved Ones – Webinar (June 29)
- Add your event
Love the Los Angeles Daily? Here are all the ways you can be more involved:
- Send this link to friends or neighbors so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You’re officially in the loop for today. See you tomorrow for more updates!
— Sylvia Cochran
About me: Sylvia Cochran works in sunny Southern California and has been a full-time freelance writer since 2005. She loves dogs, cats, books, playing Best Fiends (don’t judge), embracing social justice, and trying to live Micah 6:8.
Have a news tip or suggestion for the upcoming Los Angeles Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org