This week at Bungie, we’re preparing for even more Osiris Trials, this time with the return of Freelance so solo players can get their hands on their bench. We also have more sticky notes to cover, as well as some mental health resources because we know the Season of the Haunted storyline can get a little hefty.
I don’t know about all of you, but the Haunted storyline keeps hitting us right in that feeling. These are some heavy themes and players from around the world have shared how the ongoing narrative connects with them and their own stories. Having said that, we just want to make sure you’re all okay, so if you’d like any help while deciphering those feelings, we’ve listed some helpful resources for you further down in this TWAB. Use it or not, your choice but the choice is there. Watch out, Guardian, your mental health is important.
As mentioned, we have a few sticky notes to cover, including which common issues to tackle first and which ones take a little more time to bake. For now, let’s just dive into another weekend of the Osiris Trial.
Osiris’ first weekend Freelance Trial for Season of the Haunted is underway, which means more opportunities to see the ultra-competitive PvP mode for anyone curious about what it has to offer. Whether you’re playing for the engram or playing for the coveted Lighthouse spot, you’ll have another chance at both this weekend.
We’ve received a lot of feedback about the Trial experience and because of that, we’ve learned some important lessons about the player base that gets most involved with competitive experiences like this. We want you to enjoy your time in the Saint-14 PvP kindness arena. We’ll continue to welcome that feedback, but for now, enjoy Freelance and make Saint smile. He needs it.
We take this matter seriously and will invest the necessary time and resources to protect our community from bad actors.
Which says, do not try to harass, attack, or hoard this individual. Any direct outreach that Bungie’s legal team does not put in place could impair our ability to address the damage done to our community, which is our priority. We support you in this and will ensure this individual meets the future they deserve. While we really appreciate this sentiment, we don’t ask for your help to make it happen.
Now that this person has been identified, it has removed some of the challenges we faced in reviewing license requests for archived music uploads. If you’ve been waiting for this, thank you for your patience, and we look forward to getting back to you in the next few weeks.
Our phenomenal Player Support Team is back in action to address some of the issues Bungie is aware of, including a bug that appeared around the Seasonal Challenge for Sever. For those who are curious about the inner workings Destiny 2see what they have to say in their latest report below.
- 09:00 PDT (1600 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance starts.
- 09:15 (1615 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 taken offline.
- 10 am (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199 will start rolling out on all platforms and regions.
- 14:00 (2100 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance is complete.
Regarding what is targeted to be fixed for this update cycle:
- Fixed an issue where players could shoot through Barricades, Ward of Dawn, and thin walls when the Piercing Sidearms artifact mod and Armor-Piercing Rounds weapon mod were equipped.
- Piercing Sidearms artifact mod will be reactivated.
- Fixed an issue where the Crucible Vermilion shader effect caused unwanted photosensitivity issues.
- Investigate special effects in Nightmare Containment activities that cause unwanted photosensitivity issues.
- Fixed an issue where Wings of Sacred Dawn did not offer the proposed air effectiveness buff.
- Fixed an issue where Peregrine Greaves did not offer the proposed air effectiveness buff.
- Fixed an issue where Peacekeepers did not offer the proposed air effectiveness buff.
- Fixed an issue where the Master Vault of Glass attack didn’t have all Challenges active when available via new attacks and dungeon rotator.
- The pattern for creating the Nezarec Whisper is untraceable.
- Defeating a target while Radiant with Knock ‘em Down does not restore melee energy when used with Caliban’s Hand.
- Mini-Tool Calus and Drang (Baroque) are not updated to the gold Masterwork limit after upgrading to two Enhanced traits.
- The Empty Grief Seasonal Challenge will not be completed if the player picks up the scythe that appears in the last encounter, or uses a weapon trait that causes an explosion, such as the Dragonfly. Players must complete the encounter with their full weapons to complete the Challenge.
To participate and get a chance to appear at our special Bungie Day TWAB, upload your “cheap cosplay” on social media using the hashtag #ShredsofLight.
Yes, you heard it right: Shreds of Light, but don’t worry, you all fashionistas out there. This doesn’t mean Threads of Light is finished; it’s still very much alive. As some of you have pointed out on social, Telesto must be feeling a little left out with all the love for Threads, but we think we’ve wrestled back control. For now…
Hello, how are you. Hippy and Sam are here with the latest Movie of the Week, tag-teaming in the name of creativity!
hippie: Those who can not, teach, right? Is that a saying? After all, I still can’t solo the new Duality dungeon (I’m still in the process of “getting the gud,” as the lads put it), so wanted to take a moment to shout out to one of the many community members who have tackled head-on and kicked the loot. because: (1) it’s just impressive and (2) multi talented!? This is pretty cool, so we naturally had to share.
same: Anime! I’m looking for a PvP montage to use this week and we want to make sure we say this again, we can’t use your video if it has a bad name, frequent use of swear words or negative comments in submitted content. We know you don’t control the internet, but you control the content you publish. Please make sure you don’t post anything that could potentially stop you from being featured on MOTW.
But then this appeared and Destiny mixed up with Naruto and how should I say no? And no, I don’t regret having back-to-back anime, as Liana told me earlier today, “More anime, less trouble.”
Movie of the Week: Solo All-Bow Win, Duality Edition
Movie of the Week: Destiny x Naruto | Firefly Light
To change things up, we have Ivan and Bruno here from our International Community team considering some of their art options. The more, the merrier, so take it, kids!
Ivan: Something about that first illustration takes me back to the years when the music was more hardcore and the color palette more neon. Great job!
Bruno: I’m a huge Titans fan this season. I made fun of the enemy all day long. But I’m a bigger Crow fan, my beautiful and naive Hunter. He’s had a lot to deal with lately, but I couldn’t be more proud of how much he’s grown and how he seems to be finding his place.
Art of the Week: “Are you a god again?”
Art of the Week: Crow Remember
You know the practice now. Don’t forget to tag us with sweet and sweet artist creations using the tags #AOTW, #Destiny2Art, and #MOTW for a chance to appear.
As promised, we wanted to provide some additional resources for the Guardians out there who might pick up the Haunted Season storyline. We love hearing your story and we are so humbled that you trust us with such sensitive memories.
“I have to go,”