candy skull has created a new range of eco-friendly headphones in the shape of Transparency with a net zero carbon footprint. the limited edition headphones contains carbon emissions equivalent to 12.14kg, neutralized through carbon offset credits and is priced at $115 for the Hesh Evo Wireless Earbuds or $50 for the Jib True Wireless 2 Earbuds which offer the equivalent of 5, 70 kg, neutralized through carbon offset credits.
“Every product has an impact on the environment, from materials and manufacturing to packaging, shipping and infrastructure. We can’t completely eliminate that impact, but we’re working every day to reduce our carbon footprint. Starting with this series, we are dedicated to being 100% transparent about our impact on the environment and what we are doing to work for a cleaner world.
We have been working closely with Protect Our Winters for approximately four years. During this time, they have continually helped us educate our customers and increase our environmental efforts through aggressive sustainability and recycling programs. You can wear your Transparency headphones with pride, knowing that a portion of the proceeds from this limited edition goes to POW to help them fight.”
Zero net carbon footprint
“Hesh Evo gives you big, premium sound without the high, premium price tag. This product contains a carbon emission equivalent to 12.14 kg, which we neutralize with the purchase of carbon offset credits. And like all Skullcandy products, Hesh Evo uses 100% recyclable packaging. There is more to the Transparency series than just Hesh Evo. We’ve also brought transparent styling to one of our favorite headphones.”
“From materials and manufacturing to packaging, shipping and infrastructure, everything that is produced or consumed has an adverse effect on the environment,” said Nelson Fortier, senior director of brand and product marketing for Skullcandy. “The Transparency Series serves as a platform to educate and empower our consumers, while raising awareness of environmental responsibility. By disclosing the impact of our products, Skullcandy raises the bar on accountability as we work to lessen our impact with each new product.
Along with continuous product improvements to reduce carbon footprint, Skullcandy has a variety of notable sustainability initiatives underway:
- 1,000,000 Pound Pledge: Pledge to prevent 1,000,000 pounds of e-waste from reaching landfills by 2025
- Recycling Program: Recycles products returned by retailers to enable extended product life, with a portion of proceeds benefiting Protect Our Winters.
- 100% Recyclable Packaging
- Recycling Program: Empower customers to do their part by sending old hearing aids or hearing aids of any brand for proper recycling.
- Carbon Checkout Program – Allows Skullcandy.com customers to round up their purchase, making your order carbon neutral
- Product Lifecycle Analysis: Leverage insights from EcoChain’s carbon footprint to inform future manufacturing and design decisions.
- Eco-friendly and efficient manufacturing process – Reduces labor, materials, energy use and waste to ensure Skullcandy production has as little environmental impact as possible.
Font : candy skull
Filed Under: Gadget News, Top News